Fines may be doubled for retailers of faulty electrical goods

 In Australia, NewZealand
After wrapping a new set of Christmas lights around the tree and settling back for a quiet night, Erin Dee was startled by a sudden loud crack and smoulder of smoke.
"I could smell something burning after I heard a loud pop and crack," she said.
After flicking off the power switch, Ms Dee, of Epping, found part of the electrical cord had been singed.
"It sparked and set something off. This was something wrapped around a big flammable Christmas tree in the loungeroom," she said.  Sydney Morning Herald – Read more…

Recent Posts

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.